Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mommies are way coooler...

On Friday, Jared flew out to no other than San Diego-practically the birth place of our twig on the Lewis family tree. He went to do what now is becoming an annual little weekend trip... shark fishing...with boys from the hood (fyi boys from the hood=some friends he grew up with and his little brother). I was stoked for him to go and even helped book his flight. Jared often has a hard time letting go and just relaxing so it was super important that he go and have a good time.



Now I realized too late that in the act of my complete unselfish behavoir :) I was setting myself up for an interesting weekend of nonstop action. By action, I mean constant fighting, which is a new and unwelcome activity in our home, which usually results in a lot of timeouts or other creative punishments, which ruin the flow and are no fun for anyone. Oh well...I was hopefull that we would have a good time, and good time we had.



We dropped Jared off at the airport on Friday morning and from there we went straight to McD's to get some breakfast. I don't usually do McD's for breakfast but I though "Why not?" kids are hungry and so am I and we're all in Jammies still. So egg Mcmuffins it was. After we got breakfast, we went home and I started in on laundry while the kiddos ate and then watched some cartoons. A little later on in the day I decided we had to go to Beverlys to get some ribbon and other craft stuff to make a gift box for a birthday party Ash was going to on SAT. Then as a treat we went by the kiddie park in the mall.



Of course in the mall we had our usually spillage of fluid in Macy's :) Jake thought the whole bottle of water would be better on the floor then in the bottle...duh! This is funny, I tell Ashley to go ask the lady at the counter for some paper towels to clean up the water...a few seconds later, Ash comes back with 3 paper towels...hmmm...maybe the lady misunderstood the situation...so I sent Ash back and told her to explain to the lady that it is a big spill worthy of more than a roll of paper towels...So Ash goes and comes back (I stayed put with Jake and to warn others of the pool we had created) and again she has 3 more paper towels... ok I think obviously I should go and talk to the lady and get a trashcan and roll of paper towels...so I tell Ash to stay by Jake and I walk up to the counter and tell the lady that the spill is huge and it's going to take a lot more than 6 papertowels to clean it up...KID you NOT this lady handed me 3 MORE PAPER towels.WTH?!! What? Did Macy's have a limit on how many paper towels they could give out? I realized right then I wasn't dealing with someone who understood english or was it just that she was really into preserving the envirnment?...Either way I cleaned up what I could with my ration of PT's and told her where it was and left...I figured I tried.



The rest of Friday was pretty cool...we had subway for dinner...Washed the cars...Had baths...then I got this insane craving for chocolate chip cookies, so of course I have to drag both kiddos out at 8pm to go to Safeway for cookies :) which of course niether one opposed. And because they were so obliging in my quest for sugar, I took them to BlockBuster(BB) to each pick out a movie. Another funny story here lol We're cruising the aisles in BB and Jake comes across the holy grail of movies...Stuart Little (numeral uno)...He loves loves loves the Stuart Little movie series and he proceeds to Double over laughing and screaming and jumping up and down. Everyone around was completely amused by his enthusiasm LOL His happiness was so infectious... Everyone who heard him (ie. the entire store) had happy grins on their faces. So then with a bucket of popcorn, teenage mutant ninja turtles(xmas edition) and of course Stuart Little we went home and ate and watched movies until we all passed out. :) Perfect end to a great day.

Saturday started so relaxed...we all woke up had some breakfast...did some chores...then we went to Ashleys friends birthday party. It was a blast, we all had fun...poor jakey there at the end grabbed a thorn bush and it cut up his ring finger pretty bad but once the blood was rinsed off he was good to go. We got done at the party at around 330, and when we got home we were all so exhausted that all 3 of us passed out for an afternoon nap. When we awoke we had some food and prepared for our first sleepover with friends. Julie brought Aves and reesey over (along with some much needed wine) and we all watched HSM ( which btw has to be one of my favorite movies now ). We had the always fun, pillow fight. Eventually the kids passed out in their sleeping bags at around 1130 and the mommies followed suit about 2 hours later. All in all it was a fun night.

Sunday was the day daddy was coming home...all four kiddos woke up early-go figure...and Julie had the house cleaned up before I could even open my eyes all of the way lol...so when it was time to go get Jare at about 9 am , there was no evidence that a sleep over with 2 5yr olds and 2 2yrolds had even taken place LOL

So I have to say totally convinced that it was a great weekend...just me and the kiddos... and another thing I'm totally convinced of...


mommies are definately way cooler.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Just think, soon you'll be able to have a sleep-over with 3 boys!!! lol