Monday, January 12, 2009

Smack that!

Ash goes to school in the afternoon (bummer- I know) anyhow so after I drop her off,I am free to do all of my running around. Can I get a hooray for running Errands! I can also pretty much guarantee that I will be dressed and ready to go by noon lol almost! lol

So on Friday I had to go grocery shopping...my favorite task to take Jake on when he hasn't had a nap yet...I had coupons to 2 of our local grocery stores that I could just not pass up on...$2.50 for ground turkey!!! I know you'd go too, right? So I take Jake to the first store and everything is fine, then we go to store number 2......in the middle of nap time...I was definitely prepared the inevitable tantrum but not for what Jake did next. lol

So we have one of those obnoxiously large car carts...the ones with the little red car on the end that is supposed to keep your kiddos happy and engaged for the hour and half they sit in it *insert eye roll here* So, we're on the meat aisle that runs horizontal in the back of the store and then all of a sudden Jake gets out and before I have time to react Jake has this gigantic cart turned sideways blocking all through traffic. Honestly I was amazed at how fast people got annoyed...I was doing my best trying to get this thing turned back the right way (which was almost impossible because you always have one stupid wheel that never wants to co-operate) and I see Jake run in front of the said cart and over to a lady bending over looking at the roasts...he did not look happy. She and her husband (and 2 daughters) had gotten through his makeshift barricade...and then the unthinkable happened...

Jake spanked her!!!!

He told this lady "you get butt pop!" I about passed out. That has to be one the weirdest moments I have ever had in my life. I had no idea what to do. I didn't know what to say to this woman....the only thing that came to mind was..." I am so sorry!" Over and over again. I took Jake into my arms (for protection at first lol just in case she decided to get him back) I made him say sorry like 10 times...


Then as if something clicked for the lady and her family they stared laughing hysterically. The husband said something to the effect of "That's right son start early!" OK not to judge here(my son did just spank your wife) but ewww. I was so mortified...and then to make matters even better Jake kept glaring at this lady...more like this ladies rear end... so yeah...we immediately went home. That's all I needed, Jake to spank her again. Ugh that has to go down as one of weirdest mommy moments ever.

1 comment:

Lis said...

I am dying of laughter, I wish I could have witnessed this with my own two eyes!