Thursday, September 18, 2008

Inspiration...

it comes from many places...even from my computer. :) Duh...where else would it come from. j/k Anyhow, so I was cruising through some blogs and I came accross one that touched my heart in so many ways. It was written by this lady named Stephanie, about her life as a adoring wife and loving mother of 4. She has such a romantic view of life, from teaching her children to enjoy the simple things and being happy to being very much in love with her "Mr. Nielson".

When I first came accross the blog I was immediately sucked in...This woman, my age, was living her life as a mother and wife and totally enjoying it. And no, not that generic happiness that many try to put off because they don't want to show the world how unhappy they really are...but genuine happiness. It oozes from the screen.

Recently, Stephanie and her husband were in an airplane crash and they are both severly injured. Their 4 children are in the care of their aunts...It hit me, and hard... This woman who was so entirely happy had it swiped away in minutes *insert blow to gut here* It made me realize that I don't have time to be unhappy. I might not be here tomorrow. I really thought about my life and the things that mattered most. Here are some thoughts that crossed my mind...

Some self reflection:

I get so caught up in the day to day and the selfishness that I am often overcome with that and I forget to be happy. Sometimes I forget my kids are just kids, my husband just a man and I am just a woman...human.

I realized I really dont want to care about the brands of our clothes, the make of our cars and the fact that we have to rent because the cost of homes here is out of whack with the rest of the universe. I just want my kids to look back at this time in thier lives and think "Man I had a great childhood!"

I want to look at my husband and get butterflies...its been a little bit since that has happened. I think we've let work ,kids and daily crap get in the way.

I realized that I love COLOR! But yet we live in a nuetral color scheme. Why? who the hell knows. Maybe some underlying issue I have with being judged or different.

I've realized that I love love love the 40's. I love the romance of the time...the clothes...the cars...the time period in general...the way our country was so patriotic and everyone did their share. I should show my love for vintage more often.

I remembered how much I love being a mother and relishing in the joys of my kids. Seeing things through the eyes of a 5 yr old can be very interesting. Pure. Everything is passionate and infused with love.


So down to the basis of this self re-eval...I love me...I love my family...I love my life.

~Kate <~(lol this is a-whole-nother blog)


ps if you would like to read Stephanies blog here is the link...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Well, Kate, I think that was quite on point. It is so easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday and the stresses that it brings that we lose sight of the joy that the little things bring.

Rosie said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I know what you mean.